High Performance and High Efficiency
The ME-Series electric water heater from Vaughn combines time-proven technologies with our Hydrastone cement lining for the industry's longest lasting and most reliable high-efficiency electric water heater. The ME-Series is equipped with low-watt-density elements, thereby reducing the potential problem of premature failure due to mineral build-up. The unique cold water inlet gently diffuses the flow of cold water into the lower portion of the tank, resulting in improved stratification, energy efficiency and thermal storage performance. Available in a wide range of sizes, the ME-Series is a versatile fit for any project. Minimal standby heat loss, proven components and the industry's longest lasting tank make the ME-Series electric water heater the best choice for your water heating needs.
- How It
- Sizing &
- Formulas &
Heavy Duty Construction
- Seamless Hydrastone cement lining provides long tank life
- Plastic jacket is maintenance free and will not rust, scratch, or dent, eliminating the potential for damage due to shipping and handling
- No sacrificial anode rod
- 3" thick polyurethane foam insulation reduces standby heat loss to maximize operating efficiency
Advanced Heating Element
- Low-watt-density incoloy element and all copper/brass construction provides protection against mineral build up
- UL approved for radiant heating applications in the USA and Canada
- Residential 10 year tank base warranty, 1 year limited parts warranty
- Commercial 5 year tank warranty, 1 year limited parts warranty
Model ME Water Heater Specifications
Model S: 2" Polyurethane Foam
Model ME: 3" Polyurethane Foam
Standard: 10 Year Non Pro-Rated
The Vaughn tank is all welded heavy steel construction designed for 150 psi working pressure and tested to 300 psi. Each tank is centrifugally lined with 1/2" thick seamless high density Hydrastone cement with guaranteed 100% coverage of all steel surfaces. All tank openings are non-ferrous solid copper-silicon and are resistant to the corrosive effects of hot water.
3/4" combination cold water inlet and drain, with non-corrosive strata flow diffuser which prevents incoming cold water from mixing too rapidly with the hot water in the tank and assures delivery of more hot water - not lukewarm. A 3/4" hot water outlet with a uniquely designed built-in heat trap prevents heated water from radiating through the piping during standby periods.
Copper sheathed immersion heating elements with low watt density for prolonged life - up to 12 KW in 120, 208, 240, 277, 480 volt single phase. An adjustable surface thermostat operates in 110-170°F range.
Integral hi-limit with manual reset button for over-temperature protection is factory set at 190°F.
Upper and lower element configurations are factory wired for non-simultaneous operation.
Highly efficient thick polyurethane foam insulation meets or exceed the requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1-2007 standards for energy efficiency and heat loss.
The exterior protective jacket is constructed from high impact composite material which cannot rust or corrode and does not require painting.
Recovery Capacity (Gal./Hour) For Various Wattages & Water Temperature Rises
- Residential Plus Brochure PDF (1.5 MB)
- Residential Specs PDF (163 KB)
- High Limit & Upper Thermostat Combo PDF(356 KB)
- Lower Thermostats PDF (174 KB)
- Residential Electric Water Heater S & ME Series Diagram PDF (378 KB)
- Tank Assembly ME Model Standard Electric Configurations PDF (204 KB)
- Tank Assembly Undercounter Electric Configurations PDF (210 KB)
- Heating Element Description PDF (34.4 KB)
- Screw Type Heating Element PDF (67.5 KB)
- Bolt On Type Heating Elements PDF (67.9 KB)
- Wiring Diagrams PDF (282 KB)
Many of our products literature is available online for download. To open these files, a PDF viewer is required. If you do not have one, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader free of charge for viewing only. Use this link to download Acrobat Reader. You may also choose to download the file to your PC for future reference or printing. On most operating systems, simply right-click on the links below, choose "Save target as..." or "Save link as...", choose a location and it will save the document to your computer for future reference.