High Performance and High Efficiency
Vaughn's Hydronic Buffer tanks are designed to be used in closed loop heating systems with low-mass boilers, geothermal systems, wood boiler installations, and chilled water applications. A buffer tank helps to improve system efficiency in hydronic systems operating below the design load conditions by preventing the low-mass boiler from short cycling. System short cycling can cause the heat pump or boiler to operate less efficiently and may also lead to premature equipment failure. Vaughn buffer tanks are manufactured using a heavy gauge steel inner tank surrounded by a minimum of 2" foam insulation, resulting in very low standby heat loss. The vessel is protected by a high-impact composite jacket material which cannot rust or corrode.
The hydronic buffer tanks are available in sizes ranging from 10-119 gallons, and is manufactured with four 1.5" tappings for primary/secondary connections. An immersion temperature control well is located in the middle of the tank to ensure accurate temperature sensing for heating and geothermal applications, along with a conveniently located boiler drain for periodic sediment removal. Also included is a fitting for an air eliminator at the top of the vessel, reducing air accumulation (and the potential for corrosion) in the system.
- Heavy gauge carbon steel storage vessel
- Four 1.5" NPT primary/secondary connections
- Air eliminator (not included) prevents air accumulation in the system
- Immersion thermostat control well for accurate temperature control
- 3/4" boiler drain provides easy access for sediment removal
- 3 year, non pro-rated warranty
Recovery Capacity (Gal./Hour) For Various Wattages & Water Temperature Rises
- Buffer Tanks Brochure PDF (2.1 MB)
- Boiler Buffer Configuration PDF (119 KB)
- Boiler Buffer with Backup Element Configuration PDF (139 KB)
- Buffer Tank Sizing Chart PDF (1.7 MB)
- Buffer Tank Operation and Installation Manual PDF (363 KB)
Many of our products literature is available online for download. To open these files, a PDF viewer is required. If you do not have one, Adobe provides Acrobat Reader free of charge for viewing only. Use this link to download Acrobat Reader. You may also choose to download the file to your PC for future reference or printing. On most operating systems, simply right-click on the links below, choose "Save target as..." or "Save link as...", choose a location and it will save the document to your computer for future reference.