Grid Enabled Electric Water Heater
The Grid Enabled 80-119 Gallon Electric Water Heater from Vaughn will meet the current requirements of utility demand response and load management programs while setting the stage for the introduction of Grid-Interactive Water Heating (GIWH). Grid-Interactive Water Heating is the consensus term describing high-speed, two-way communication between the electric water heating appliance and the Smart Grid - specifically, the electric utility, balancing authority, independent system operator or aggregation entity. When equipped with a grid-interactive control device, a V-Grid grid-enabled electric thermal storage (ETS) water heater becomes a 'thermal battery' for storing electric energy, having the ability to follow locational marginal pricing (LMP), providing fast regulation service and for better integrating renewable energy, effectively reducing the carbon footprint of the appliance. Available in 80 and 119 gallon capacities, the V-GRID Series water heaters are designed to meet the long-term performance requirements of the electric utility while seamlessly providing for the hot water needs of the household. Minimal standby heat loss, proven components and the industry's longest lasting Thermoplastic tank make the grid enabled electric water heater the best choice for utility demand response, load management, RTP/CPP and grid-interactive water heating programs.
Build Your Model
- Grid-Enabled functionality
- Grid-Enabled electronic thermostat with communication interface
- Communication protocol flexibility - CTA2045, Open ADR, WiFi, Cellular, and BACnet interfaces
- Precise temperature control
- Activation key functionality
- Meets the requirements of the Energy Efficiency Act of 2018
- Seamless thermoplastic lining provides decades of operation
- Impervious to elevated operating temperatures
- Plastic jacket is maintenance-free and will not rust, scratch or dent
- Water quality neutral and no sacrificial anode required
- 10 year non-prorated tank warranty
- 2 year parts warranty (optional lifetime warranty available)
Model ME Water Heater Specifications
- Tank: Featherweight Thermoplastic
- Capacities: 80, 119 Gallon
- Orientation: Vertical
- Voltages: 208V or 240V
- Phase: 1 Phase
- Inlet Size: 3/4" Male NPT
- Outlet Size: 3/4" Female NPT
- Drain Size: 3/4" GHT
- Relief valve size: 3/4" Female NPT
- Relief valve type: T&P, 210°F, 150 psi
- Thermostat range: 110-194°F (surface)
- Hi-Limit: 190°F manual reset
- Design TP: 300 psi
- Elements: Incoloy sheathed
- Insulation: 3" polyurethane foam
- 10 Year non prorated tank warranty
- Lifetime warranty optional
- Electrical warranty: 1 Year
- Jacket: High Impact Composite
- Finish: Gray with black trim
Tank: The Vaughn Featherweight® line of water heaters and storage tanks uses proprietary technology to fuse a polybutene inner liner with a polybutylene and fiberglass structural outer layer at the molecular level to create a lightweight, monolithic composite vessel with seamless construction designed for 150 psi working pressure and tested to 300 psi.
Plumbing: 3/4" NPT cold water inlet with non-corrosive dip tube which prevents incoming cold water from mixing too rapidly with the hot water in the tank and assures delivery of more hot water. ¾” NPT outlet and relief valve fitting.
Electrical: Incoloy sheathed immersion heating elements with low watt density for prolonged life in 208- or 240-volt single phase. An adjustable electronic controller operates in 110-170°F range. Integral hi-limit with manual reset button for over-temperature protection is factory set at 190°F. Upper and lower element configurations are factory wired for non-simultaneous operation.
Insulation: Highly efficient thick polyurethane foam insulation meets or exceed the requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1-2019 standards for energy efficiency and heat loss.
Jacket: The exterior protective jacket is constructed from high impact composite material which cannot rust or corrode and is maintenance free.
Additional Product Details
Recovery Capacity (Gal./Hour) For Various Wattages & Water Temperature Rises
- 1.5" Male NPT inlet and outlet water connections
- 80 and 119 gallon capacities, 208 or 240 volt, 3.8, 4.5, 6 kW options