Residential Electric Water Heater
120 thru 480 Volt
3" Polyurethane Foam
Incoloy Sheathed Elements
The Vaughn residential electric water heater combines time-proven technologies with our HydraStone lining and 3" of polyurethane foam insulation for the industry's longest lasting and most reliable high-efficiency electric water heater. The residential electric tank is equipped with low-watt-density elements, and no anode rod, thereby reducing the potential problem of premature failure due to mineral build-up. The unique cold water inlet gently diffuses the flow of cold water into the lower portion of the tank, resulting in improved stratification, energy efficiency, and thermal storage performance. Available in 30, 40, 50, and 55 gallons, the tank is a great fit for any project including radiant heating.
Build Your Model
Heavy Duty Construction
- Seamless HydraStone cement lining provides long tank life
- Plastic jacket is maintenance free and will not rust, scratch, or dent, eliminating the potential for damage due to shipping and handling
- No sacrificial anode rod
- 3" thick polyurethane foam insulation reduces standby heat loss to maximize operating efficiency
Advanced Heating Element
- Low-watt-density incoloy element and all copper/brass construction provides protection against mineral build up
- UL approved for radiant heating applications in the USA and Canada
- Residential 10 year tank base warranty, 1 year limited parts warranty
- Commercial 5 year tank warranty, 1 year limited parts warranty
Residential Electric Water Heater Specifications
Tank: HydraStone Lined Steel
Capacities: 30, 40, 50, and 55 Gallons
Voltages: 120 thru 480 Volt
Phase: 1 Phase
Inlet Size: 3/4" Female NPT
Outlet Size: 3/4" Male NPT
Drain Size: 3/4" GHT
Relief Valve Size: 3/4" Female NPT
Relief Valve Type: T&P, 210°F, 150 psi
Thermostat Range: 110-170°F (surface)
Hi-Limit: 190°F Manual Reset
Design TP: 300 psi
Elements: Incoloy Sheathed
Insulation: 3" Polyurethane Foam
Tank Warranty: 10 Year Non-Pro-Rated
Electrical Warranty: 1 Year
Jacket: High Impact Composite
Finish: White with Black Trim
Tank: The Vaughn tank is all welded steel construction designed for 150 psi working pressure and tested to 300 psi. Each tank is centrifugally lined with 1/2" thick seamless high-density HydraStone with guaranteed 100% coverage of all steel surfaces. All tank openings are non-ferrous solid copper-silicon and are resistant to the corrosive effects of hot water.
Plumbing: 3/4" combination cold water inlet and drain, with non-corrosive strata flow diffuser which prevents incoming cold water from mixing too rapidly with the hot water in the tank and ensures delivery of more hot water. A 3/4" hot water outlet with a uniquely designed built-in heat trap prevents heated water from radiating through the piping during standby periods.
Electrical: Copper sheathed immersion heating elements with low watt density for prolonged life in 120, 208, 240, 277, and 480-volt single phase. An adjustable surface thermostat operates in a 110-170°F range. Integral hi-limit with a manual reset button for over-temperature protection is factory set at 190°F. Upper and lower element configurations are factory-wired for non-simultaneous operation.
Insulation: Highly efficient thick polyurethane foam insulation meets or exceeds the requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1-2019 standards for energy efficiency and heat loss.
Jacket: The exterior protective jacket is constructed from high-impact composite material which cannot rust or corrode and is maintenance-free.
Additional Product Details
Recovery Capacity (Gallons per Hour) For Various Wattages & Water Temperature Rises
|Heating Power||Water Temperature Rise (Degrees °F)|
- Immersion thermostat specify 100-180°F
- 1.5" Male NPT inlet and outlet water connections
- Heating elements wired for simultaneous operation
- Off-peak wiring for load management savings
- Alternate voltages available
- 4" hand hole cleanout